Welcome to The Source ₱300,000 Article Competition
For an overview of the competition, click here. Below is a deep dive into the specifics.
- The Source Mission
- What is Outsourcing?
- Who is Outsource Accelerator
- The Source Article Writing Competition
- The Prizes
- Entry requirements
- Competition dates
- What to write
- IMPORTANT – essential content/structure
- Engaging with a good message
- Who can write and submit?
- Length and quality
- How to win
- IMPORTANT: Specific items to consider
- BPO reward points
- Get started
The Source Mission:
To create a ubiquitous user-generated (wiki) information hub and community, which promotes Philippine outsourcing services to the world.
Outsource Accelerator has launched “The Source” – and we’re excited to bring you along on this journey.
The ambition is to create a valuable information and resource hub for prospective users of outsourcing. The content will be self-generated by the vast community of highly qualified professionals within the BPO industry itself. The aim of the content and information exchange is to inform, propagate and promote the benefits of outsourcing to the entrepreneurs and business owners in the ‘West’ – the prospective candidates for outsourcing.
The focus and intended readership for the content is founders, entrepreneurs and the owners and senior management of Small & Medium Businesses (SMB/SMEs). Simply, not enough of these business owners have properly considered outsourcing, and they need to be encouraged to do so. Not enough of them are aware of exactly what outsourcing is, and how it can benefit them. And even less of these people have tried it.
These business owners, need to know how good an opportunity outsourcing is for them and their business, and they need to know that the Philippines is the best outsourcing destination to do it.
The Source is creating a community interface which blends the best aspects of Medium, Quora and Linkedin to create a knowledge hub and community – specifically suited for the needs of the BPO sector and their prospective SME clients.
The BPOs, and its workforce are all encouraged to post content that is of value to prospective clients; content which will help them commence and progress along their outsourcing journey. If awareness and comfort with outsourcing is increased, and the obstacles are removed, then more people will outsource.
The goal is to generate valuable content for prospective outsourcing clients that will specifically (i) educate them about outsourcing, (ii) educate them on how easy it is to get started with outsourcing, (iii) educate them about the unique benefits of outsourcing to the Philippines, and (iv) raise awareness and appreciation of the BPO which has spent time to write the article.
There are over 35 million SMEs in the ‘West’, and it is clearly a great thing if more of them decide to outsource. This will be great win for individual BPOs, a win for the outsourcing sector, and a win for the Philippines as a whole.
With The Source, we aim to create an environment which will equally encourage, challenge and reward the contributors of content. Provision of good content will reflect well on the BPO/contributor of the article, and will naturally lead to introductions, lead generation and even future sales. And of course it will generally lift the awareness and adoption of outsourcing.
High-value content, within The Source, will be consumed and appreciated by prospective clients who are hungry for information on outsourcing insights, and how to improve their business. It is a win-win for all involved.
The Source will become known as the go to resource for anything to do with outsourcing. It creates a constructive competitive environment for the BPOs, whilst creating a vast ‘brains trust’ for the user/browser. The Source will rank articles according to a transparent ‘like’ and ‘views’ system – ensuring that the best and most valuable content will receive the most attention.
What is Outsourcing?
Hopefully, all of you reading this are already aware of outsourcing, but just in case…. here’s a brief overview. When we refer to outsourcing, we mean, ‘staff outsourcing’. There are numerous variations and names for outsourcing, such as Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Offshoring, Knowledge process outsourcing (KPO), ‘call centre’, and staff leasing or seat leasing. We consider these to all be within the same basket of outsourcing. There are also remote and virtual staffing solutions such as Upwork and Freelancer platforms. Whilst this is different to outsourcing, we do include these within the broader outsourcing umbrella.
Generally outsourcing refers to services and staffing solutions which are outsourced to a third party. According to Entrepreneur.com outsourcing is: “The practice of having certain job functions done outside a company instead of having an in-house department or employee handle them; functions can be outsourced to either a company or an individual.” In the context of the Philippines we are referring to the BPO and outsourcing service industry. This sector employees over one million people, and contributes over 10% of the Philippines Gross Domestic Product(GDP).
Who is Outsource Accelerator?
Outsource Accelerator is fast becoming the world’s foremost outsourcing authority. We are a trusted source of independent information, education & advisory for Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). Read more about us here.
The Source Article Writing competition:
In order to celebrate the launch of The Source, Outsource Accelerator are proud to announce the P300,000 Article Competition.
The intention of the competition is to generate articles of value for The Source, which promote the Philippines as the “World’s Premier Outsourcing Destination”.
The prizes include a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize – awarded to the best article(s).
The prize amounts increase depending on how many article entries are submitted – so get all of your friends and colleagues to enter as well! The maximum first prize article shall win P200,000. But there are other prizes, and also everyone that submits an article gets reward points – here’s an overview
- if 600+ entries: ₱200,000 PLUS 2,000 BPO reward points
- if 300-599 entries: ₱150,000 PLUS 1,000 BPO reward points
- if 0-299 entries: ₱75,000 PLUS 500 BPO reward points
- if 600+ entries: ₱65,000 PLUS 750 BPO reward points
- if 300-599 entries: ₱50,000 PLUS 500 BPO reward points
- if 0-299 entries: ₱25,000 PLUS 250 BPO reward points
- if 600+ entries: ₱35,000 PLUS 300 BPO reward points
- if 300-599 entries: ₱25,000 PLUS 200 BPO reward points
- if 0-299 entries: ₱12,500 PLUS 100 BPO reward points
All valid article submissions receive:
- if 600+ entries: 6 BPO reward points
- if 300+ entries: 4 BPO reward points
- if 0-299 entries: 2 BPO reward points
It’s so super simple to enter:
- Simply login, or create an account here
- Update your profile and claim or create a (BPO) company page
- Write and submit your article
- Share your article with friends, clients and colleagues
- The competition officially opens on 25th February, 2018.
- However, we will accept earlier submissions.
- Articles submitted after 24th March, 2018 (at midnight of 24th) will no longer be eligible for the competition.
- However, any article submissions will still attract the BPO rewards points.
- People are encouraged to still continue sharing and promoting their article, for maximum likes, shares and attention until 31st March, 2018 (at midnight).
- All of these social endorsements will be considered valid until this point.
- Winners are announced on Facebook Live on:
- 3rd place – 4th April 18,
- 2nd place – 5th April 18
- 1st place – 6th April 18
- So make sure you follow the Outsource Accelerator FB page to stay updated!
What to write:
As mentioned above, we want you to provide an article which helps educate and inform business owners about (i) the benefits of outsourcing, (ii) how easy it is to start, and (iii) why the Philippines is the destination of choice.
It’s great to offer valuable insight and tips for the reader, and you can also demonstrate why your BPO outshines the competition. There is a very broad scope of applicable topics and insights you can choose from. We encourage you to submit articles which offer the reader something of value – such as business insights, tips, tricks and hacks – based on your own personal experiences and knowledge are excellent ideas.
IMPORTANT – essential content/structure:
For an article to qualify for the competition price, they must contain these basic elements:
- promote outsourcing, and how the Philippines is the world’s premier outsourcing destination
- explain how your BPO provides excellent and unique service to potential business customers
- provide a valuable business insight/tip/trick/hack for the reader (related to outsourcing)
- mention ‘Outsource Accelerator’ and The Source
Engaging with a good message:
We want this to be a fun exercise! And we want to show the world how amazing the Philippines is for business and outsourcing opportunities. It’s a great message to be sending out into the world! We ideally want these articles to be business oriented, informative, but also fun and engaging.
Who can write and submit?
The article is intended to be written by a BPO, BPO workforce or remote workers – with the focus of the article being for the benefit of a potential BPO client/customer. So if you work in a BPO company, then please talk to your boss, and get them to agree to entering your article. Anyone can submit an article, but you are writing about a specific BPO, then have to get the ‘okay’ from your BPO to post the article. Article submissions from independent contractors and remote workers are also accepted.
Length and quality:
The format of the article is up to you. Your article can be 100 words, or 10,000 words – however, we recommend that they’re at least 400 words. They can be just text, or can include images, videos and infographics. It is up to you. The best article that provides the best value to the reader, wins!
How to win:
The winner will be determined by:
- The most number of shares and likes (as per the social widget)
- Article quality and originality
- Presence of updated personal and company profile.
In essence, if you want to win, then the best approach is to produce a great quality article that will offer value to the reader. Effectively, the readers will determine the winner.
You are free to promote your BPO and your knowledge, but don’t make it overly ‘salesy’. You are free to include images, videos, and infographics, and you a free to choose a (relevant) topic that interests you. You can be as short or as long as you like (though minimum of 400 words is recommended).
The number of likes and shares has a big influence on the winning article, so once you have have submitted your article, make sure you share it with your friends, community, peers, clients and colleagues. You can enter as many times as you wish. -this increase your chances, and… practice makes perfect! Also, encourage others to enter the competition – this will ensure the maximum prize money is achieved!
IMPORTANT – specific items to consider:
- The article must be written in English, and must have a suitable level of correct English grammar, spelling and article structure.
- We don’t accept bad language, or derogatory/derisory comments about any companies, or people.
- Article topics must be relevant to The Source – as per suggested content structure (see above)
- Links and references are accepted and encouraged, but all links will be ‘no-follow’ links
- Backlinking to the article is accepted, and this might increase like and shares etc – however the backlinks must be genuine and of good quality.
- We do not accept any blackhat activities, nor illegitimate or low-quality backlinking (ie PBNs), or social sharing activities etc
- Contributor profile and company page should be claimed, created an updated
- Contributed article and company page content is then owned by Outsource Accelerator
- Content must be original content, and not plagiarized. Original content should remain original to Outsource Accelerator for at least three weeks, and cannot be re-purposed and/or posted anywhere else prior to that period
- Entrants association with BPO companies, or writing about companies should have the ‘okay’ from that company
- Any articles can be removed by Outsource Accelerator without notice – particularly if low quality, offensive or incomplete – or contradict any of the above considerations
- OA decision is final
BPO reward points:
All entries will be awarded 6, 4, or 2 BPO points for each entry (see above). In addition, the article winners will receive a bonus 100-1,000 points (see above). These points will be added to you account, and can be seen in your login profile page. You can (soon) use these points to claim goodies from the Outsource Accelerator store and/or you can collect, share or send points to/from your friends.
Read more about BPO Rewards here.
To get started, simply login or sign up here!
Back to competition page.